It's nicer in the basement...

 It's nicer in the basement...



I don't think I'll ever understand houses so big that they could house a family of 20 and only have one, two...well three tenants at most. And not happy ones, because they should have no reason to be. They are unhappy because they have been taught to live in these big houses full of abundance as if they were in a fucking museum. More than once, this has been the situation in a cramped room - in a room, in a kitchen, or even in a basement - we crowded in 10 people to be with each other when it was cold outside or raining. 

The small room was full of laughter, music, and positive vibes. There may not have been 50 dishes to choose from and 300 types of alcohol, but we had a


 




great time. Not many of my friends could live in a big house when they had families and earned anything. Maybe that's a good thing because many of them are happy with little or no money and still traveling the world. I grew up on a dirt estate in modest conditions. But I remember those days, the parties, lots of laughter and fun. Today, more than 10 years later, I am lucky enough to visit people who have succeeded. But they don't know how to enjoy it and it's a sad sight. Those manners of theirs were mostly feigned. A chilling silence because no one wants to come across as a fool, so they hardly speak at all. Strange giggles instead of playfulness and the lack of openness. Pushing children to behave who are clearly not allowed to be children. 


No running, no touching, no spilling, no squashing... What the fuck has happened to these people, I don't remember any of them wanting to live to old age in a fucking museum, let alone have their parents bring them up as coaches. I notice they say to respect what you have etc but come on, a piece of crayon on the floor is really bearable and a running child is rather in my opinion the greatest joy for a parent. Healthy, happy, and wonderful! But no, it's now fashionable to sit stiffly, apparently, and for goodness sake no running and laughing. I there preferred to get dirty, run in the mud and throw sling stones at the fence. I would run around the house all day long and thankfully no one admonished me or took away my joy of being a child. Today I take joy in every opportunity for freedom - because we are restricted at every turn. At work, on the street, etc. If you know what I mean. Home should be respected, but why shouldn't people have the right to play in it? What has happened is that this rigidity has spread like a plague and there is no trace of fun, just sullen faces, everyone has a stick up their arse (Polish saying), staring at a screen and overestimating the value of money. I'd rather go to a cramped kitchen with old friends than spend a boring evening in a museum without loud music and laughter.

Comments