My experience with WWW...

Worst customer service ever - GoDaddy sites, Ugliest - WordPress, Most expensive I used - Squarespace. I've had websites with them but abandoned them for various reasons.

Dear GoDaddy Sites, your website builder inspired me, (it's quite nice and theoretically easy to use) to switch from Square Space. Where things were going really well until I needed a booking site. Which was just too expensive for me at the time. (£16 per month) I couldn't connect any others, even as a plugin or widget and that was the main reason for my decision to go elsewhere. The price of £25 per month for just the site without the ability to book was quite high and I couldn't afford to pay the extra £16. Still, it is a great offer as I have tried to set up a sales page and have a comparison. Although, on the other hand now I'm not even paying £20 for what I needed. Even if I wanted to, it was also impossible because Square Space accept only #businesspaypal - to be connected with a booking site and I couldn't set that up because they tried to tax me in the USA. My accountant, the city council, the employment agency and my lawyer all saw the documents sent by Business PayPal and no one could tell me what to do to stop them from closing my account and forcing me to pay tax in the US, in the end, I walked away from Business PayPal with no idea how to resolve this. 

When I left my beautiful Square Space website, where I also couldn't create multilingual pages and the only solution to have a page in another language was to write it a second time in another language - which, despite my great patience, was exhausting even for me.  I prepared a double page. Yes, two pages on which I wrote the same thing step by step. So that I could show my services, and in the end, I couldn't sell them because of the booking prices. They have a beautiful template very, very helpful customer service that will do everything you need in a real-time step by step with you but, they are too expensive for me and yet this inability to install plugins and no translation into other languages and only accepting Busines PayPal, well I couldn't deal with that. I'm probably not that flexible haha.

Dear GoDaddy Sites, since I started working with you I loose £300...
Dear GoDaddy Sites, since I started
working with you I lose £300...

GoDaddy was very helpful at this stage as the cheapest (much cheaper) option to get a booking site. But their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered - the worst!

1. The first issue appears, When you cancel an appointment for your client, there is no confirmation on their invoice, e-mail or whenever. You have to do it by yourself and first of all, be creative as F#*K. As the payment still appears on the website and your clients receive confirmation of their appointments via text and email, but not of the cancellation. Guess what, customer service can't help!


Most expensive website service I've used - Squarespace
Most expensive website service
 I've used - Squarespace
2. The second is your service descriptions, When you describe meetings or services in bullet points, it will be one long sentence in mobile view. And yes, I asked them for help. But customer service said it is what it is. Nothing can be done about it! They simply just don't care.

3. Multilingual site is possible or not, or whatever as every time you will get a different answer. 

Their customer service is the worst because they give you different information every time you make a request and they just piss away your needs but that part I found as interesting so, I started having fun. I have been able to talk to different people from their customer service, for the same question I was getting different answers. Even day after day because it becomes interesting to me sometimes I had the same question prepared and different answers as a daily routine!

For example;

I asked 5 times about developing multilingual websites during 3 months time and got 5 different answers:

  • The first one was; Impossible
  • The second; Give me an email, send me the code and wait two months and then it will come up.
  • The third; Switch to WordPress - What, how? Why? How much? Nothing more.
  • The Fourth; Instructions were given from their forum - where the description said it could be done, but in reality, it doesn't work. Guess what? They couldn't help then.
  • The Fifth; I mentioned this in live chat and they said I couldn't do it because the instructions were out of date or not in my plan. (surprise!) But the next login, log out and open chat was needed.

It took me a year to do it. OK, sometimes 

I tried to get various things done with their "help" But the final live chat/cancellation was the worst.

One morning when I tried to check my appointments were not working. So, I tried to solve just one more problem... The lady on the live chat said I had downgraded my site (WTF????) How? When? What? I haven't got any information about that cancellation.

The reason was...? - I guess that I accidentally clicked on the icon during my site editing. As I needed what I paid for! There was no way I could get my money back or cancel this cancellation following by their "help"! Thank you for showing me this in the Terms and Conditions. They asked me 3 times (!) to pay £79 again! For this! I have paid for it already and What happened there? There was no downgrade question, no email, nothing like a  "are you sure?". I have no idea about it as there was no message, warning etc. totally nothing! Customer service again worst ever. I quit GoDaddy and lost my money due to 6 unsolved issues in the first year of my journey with them.

6 unsolved issues in just a year with GoDaddy sites!
6 unsolved issues in just a year with GoDaddy sites!


Comments